20/01/2021 Ewart Brown, the former Premier of Bermuda, was charged with 13 counts of corruption.
- five related to agreements with the Lahey Clinic, through which he allegedly received $4.01 million in monthly payments between 2001 and 2010.
- eight charges related to allegations of corruptly obtaining $350,500 in donations to benefit the Progressive Labour Party and the Bermuda Health Foundation between 2007 and 2010. The offences allegedly took place between 2001 and 2010, with the earlier offences taking place while he was the Minister of Tourism and Transport and the latter taking place while he was Premier. Read more here.
The UK press reported ‘Dr Brown, whose son – also a doctor – was recently jailed over sex offences in the US, appeared remotely via Zoom from Florida. He was charged with 13 counts of corruption in the Magistrates’ Court this morning’. Read more here.
Ewart has a long been associated with controversy:
- June 2007 – Leaked to the Bermuda Press
- concerns about missing funds – read more here
- unanswered question – read more here.
Read More about Mr Brown here:
Ewart Frederick Brown Jr. (born 1946) – Wikipedia
07/05/2020 – where are they now – MEACsports
He is married to Wanda Henton Brown born 12/6/1951, and has four sons.