02/2023 … already 4 fatalities on Bermuda’s roads! with speed limits rarely exceeding 25mph at this rate the country is set to become one of the deadliest places to drive in the world!
- 29/01/2023 – A 40-year-old man, Miguel Butterfield, died after a five-vehicle collision on South Road, Southampton, near the junction with Lighthouse Road (source).
- 31/01/2023 – Jason Simmons , aged 38, was seriously injured after he struck the sidewalk on Somerset Road, near the junction of Mangrove Bay Road, and later died in hospital (source)
- 20/02/2023 – 9:45 pm on Monday, Arnold Astwood was riding his motorcycle west on South Road, just west of Horseshoe Road, Southampton when he crashed (source). While being attended to by members of the public, Mr. Astwood was struck by a truck which was also headed west and left the scene (source).
- 22/02/2023 – Robert Charles Andre Simmons a 56-year-old motorcyclist died on Wednesday morning after he struck a taxi on South Road, Warwick, near the junction with Tribe Road Number Two (source). Enquiries were undertaken to ascertain whether the cause of the crash was a ‘medical episode’ suffered by the rider but an autopsy confirmed death was due to injuries sustained in the collision.
- 14/05/2023 – Marco Warren, a national footballer, is the victim of a fatal hit and run accident (source)
- Jerry Collantes, a 38-year-old Filipino guest worker who worked at the Swizzle Inn, collided with a wall (source)
- Angela Meyer, 46, a visitor from Canada was involved in a collision whilst a passenger on a rental bike (source)
- 06/06/2023 – Duane Presti, 69, an American tourist, riding a rental scooter, was involved in a collision and whilst med-evaced to the United States for treatment, subsequently passed away (source)
- 20/06/2023 – Michael Spence-Durrant aged 17 , whilst riding a motorcycle is understood to have struck a concrete bench. (source).