Rather than acquire experienced staff trained in professional constabularies overseas, Bermuda elects to use home-grown recruits for basic tasks:
- Constable 2521 Jermari Belboda
- Constable 2522 Daischon Chin
- Constable 2523 Jah-Zico Douglas
- Constable 2524 George Edmead
- Constable 2525 Jonathan Flood
- Constable 2526 Kori Jackman
- Constable 2527 Nathan Lawrence
- Constable 2529 Thomas Senior
- Constable 2530 Tyler Simons
- Constable 2531 Teriann Smith
- Constable 2532 Gregory Stienlet
- Constable 2533 Zhane Virgil-Darrell
Expatriate officers were last sought for firearms duties in 2010.
The Bermuda Police Service is currently inviting applications from suitably qualified serving police officers to join our Service as constables for an initial contractual period of two to five years. Applicants will be selected based on skills in the following areas:
• Authorised Firearms Officers (AFO)
• Community Policing
• Level One (1) Public Order
• Major Crime Investigators
• Authorised Firearms Officer (AFO)
o Applicants must hold a current designation as an Authorised Firearms Officer (AFO) as described in Section 4.0 of the ACPO Manual of Guidance on the Management, Command and Deployment of Armed Officers. They must also be currently working as an Armed Response Vehicle (ARV) officer. Proof of designation must be provided at the time of application.
o Candidates must be willing to voluntary serve as an ARV officer whilst employed by the Bermuda Police Service.
o Must have successfully passed the nationally accredited Authorised Firearms Officer Course.
o Must have successfully passed the nationally accredited Armed Response Vehicle Course.
o Have current firearms authorization.
o Must be a police driver to response standard.
o Must have current pass in ARV Job Related Fitness Test
• Preferred minimum of five years continuous service in a UK police force.
• Must be a police driver to response standard.
Salary commences at BD$75,665 per annum. There are additional opportunities for overtime (Bermuda dollar is equivalent to the US dollar). Other benefits include subsidized accommodation 24 days annual leave, free medical and dental coverage. Bermuda is a UK overseas territory located in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of North Carolina, USA. The Bermuda Police Service is the primary law enforcement agency on the island. Our commitment to the island’s 65,000 residents is “MAKING BERMUDA SAFER”
Assessments and interviews are anticipated to commence in London in December 2010. For further information please visit us at Bermuda Police Service or contact the Recruiting Officer Sergeant Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested officers who meet the above criteria should write, fax or e-mail current curriculum vitae, ensuring relevant contact information included (i.e. phone, e-mail and postal address) as well as relevant personal information to:
The Recruiting Officer, Bermuda Police Service,
P. O. Box HM 530, Hamilton HM CX,
Telephone: (441) 299-4304, Fax: (441) 299-4309 or email: email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 19th November 2010.